Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sun is shining, birds are singing

Bella and I were up at 5.30 this morning and heading to the lake. I am supposed to do my running on the flat so I thought the lake is a good option until they block it off for that stupid environmentally damaging car race. We did our 1min/2min jog/run thing and then just walking the rest of the way around. On the beach side of the lake I let Bella off and she runs around like a complete nutjob, chasing birds and looking like she is having a ball.
My running went well- just a small pain in the instep which is new. I wasn't breaking any speed records- 7.15 min/km but that didn't really bother me, it is supposed to be a jog.
Then home to get the bike. I went back to the lake then along Beaconsfield Parade then back for another lap of the lake and home. I was absolutely starving when I got home and just polished off scrambled eggs on toast- that is my normal post long run breakfast and I haven't had it for AGES!
I have so many questions about the bike riding such as why my fingers go numb? The funniest thing I saw was four portly blokes on mountain bikes wearing matching pink and white Brunetti jerseys! I think that need a KFC one.
It is such a beautiful morning.