Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pilates and HIIT

Just got back from the gym where I did pilates and then a quick HIIT session- I rode there and back too. Pilates was great- the instructor is amazingly beautiful and she is bossy too so you feel like you have to keep trying harder to impress her (I always do that with beautiful people, that, and hate myself).
I don't think she was impressed when my phone rang and it wasn't on silent but I suddenly had superhuman speed because I untangled myself from whatever pose I was doing and grabbed it and silenced it before re-contorting myself into some sort of shape that probably looked like the drawer where I keep all my cords and chargers- phone, ipod etc.
I apologised after the class but she was so beautiful that she didn't even notice it ring.


Afternoon shift today- which means no bike ride to work because the cover of darkness does nothing to enhance my safety. You know those crazy over competitive streets where everyone has a million christmas lights and it hurts to look at it for too long- well that is what I could look like as I cycle home at night and I would still be sideswipped. (But it would look very funny if I did ride to work with a couple of well lit reindeer strapped to the bike- maybe in 11 months time).