Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I spent yesterday re-qualifying in all our operational safety "options" (ranging from just shouting to the more lethal variety)- usually they stretch it all out into two days with LOTS of breaks but this time it was one day so it seemed a lot more fun- and there was no first aid which usually puts me to sleep in the first half hour.

Bella had her usual three walks yesterday- two that were fun-filled and involved frolicking happily and one that ended with Bella pinning an enormous black Labrador to the ground by its throat. Needless to say we left the park shortly after that. A young boy had brought his dogs squeaky toy to the park and was just standing there squeaking it while Bella worked herself into a frenzy trying to get it and then when the lab thought he would take advantage of Bella while she wasn't looking and he ended up with an angry lesson in domination. Bella gets very focused on squeaky toys. I did see it coming but I was too far away and by the time I got there Bella was in full nasty mode. More time on the lead in parks by ourselves coming up.

I got the tram to work this morning for the first time in ages- I have been riding most days but my knee is still very sore so I think a bit of a break will do it wonders.
Arvo shift tomorrow so I am going to get my bike in the morning- can't wait, though my nasty head cold seems to be coming back so a sleep in might be on the cards too.