Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sports Doc tomorrow.....

Still at the farm- but tomorrow I head back to the big smoke on the train and bus to go to the sports doc- then a four hour drive to Port Fairy where the Christmas celebrations will begin! The kids went to stay with some friends today so we have had a reprieve from it all for a little while. They decorated the tree this morning- and then I redecorated it because it was gaudier than a $2 hooker and so I did it all in gold and it looked tasteful- then my sister rang and told me the theme this year was silver, red and pink so the tree was stripped nude then redecorated- the stress of it all! The tree has had more changes than me before work after I walked the dog, swam then rode to work.
Actually the stress started when Dad and the kids went and "borrowed" the tree from the side of the road and a mate of Dad's transported it home- well that was the intention but the tree fell out after only 200m so when they arrived home it wasn't on the back of the ute. I launched a rescue mission and twenty minutes later found the tree on the side of the road and brought it back home.
Bella has been having a ball at the farm, lots of swimming in the dam and chasing the cat who now wishes he could just get 5 minutes peace without Daisy or Bella deciding it was time to play. I asked Daisy this morning "Did you take Bella dog upstairs to jump on Susie's bed?" and her reply was "No, she wouldn't come with me."
Harry has informed me that the police and Santa do the same job- checking to make sure people are behaving. I have educated him enough now to know that it is good when Santa gives you something, but it is usually expensive or bad when the police give you something.