I continued my morning routine all week- walk Bella then head off for a swim or spin class- the sad thing is that the spin classes at the gym were once taken by guys who could cycle on a real bike, who loved the Tour, who knew what it was like to have to break away from a pack or accelerate away from the traffic lights. Now the classes are Les Mills classes and they have no link to real cycling and just stick to the formula with warm up, 3 heart rate peaks, warm down....boring. I liked that the previous classes were filled with boys who had cycled there on their expensive bikes with their little lycra tops, now it is filled with little girls who drove there in their little cars and they don't sweat, at all. I look like I have been standing in the shower in my clothes.
When I took Bella to the park on Thursday morning I could hear a guttural animal noise in the street just before the park, Bella was on high alert, hackles up looking for the foul beast when I saw it, asleep on the front step still dressed in the business suit, keys in hand, some poor bloke who must have had a ripper of a Christmas party. I resisted the urge to let Bella wake him up with a few dog kisses but he looked hilarious.
Pruesy and I went to Spamalot last night- it was hilarious and I thoroughly recommend it for Python tragics- there were less Engineering students than I had predicted but that could be because it was $110 a ticket. (sorry if you are reading this Pruesy, now you know how much your birthday present cost)
I had a big weekend planned so I have ditched a few responsibilities but I still have to do some packing and make 30 little cheesecakes and make it to my work Christmas party so I can hang out with the wives of my colleagues and have them pity me because I am so single and child-less. (can't wait)
