Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Swim, cycle, yawn

I swam 1km this morning and then rode to work, rode home etc, boring boring boring. I am busy at work which is good because then I don't get hungry and count down the seconds until it is midday and a respectable time to tear into my lunch.
The swim was good- I did some 100m efforts instead of just knackering myself out with a few 50m sprints. I have taken a good 5 seconds off my 50m time but I want to get quicker. I get passed when I am running, passed when I am cycling but in the pool I actually pass other people, especially those rude blokes who decide to start their swim just as you turn around for your next lap.
Three more days of work then it is holidays!
Two more days of detox diet but I keep forgetting that it is going to end. Tonight I was busting to have fish and chips because I had a meeting in the city (how to scrutineer for the election, fascinating stuff) and I knew I couldnt be bothered cooking when I got home- but I surprised myself and made scrambled eggs which ticked all the boxes.
One more sleep until I see the sports doc.