Saturday, September 01, 2007

3 Laps of the Tan

I got up a little later this morning and tested out the theory that if your cold is above your head then it is okay to go for a run. (of course I did the usual preparation of taping up my foot and knee then walking Bella) I did three laps of the Tan (with brief walking when my knee pain got a bit much) and the time was pretty awful- but not outside my Macmillan long run pace which is okay- shame it wasn't such a long run. I added a bit at the end to make it 12km and finished by quarter to 9 and it was super busy around the Tan because of the Tan relays and the fact that it was going to be a glorious day.
I have been icing my joints all day off and on (in between trips to the hair dresser and the market) but my foot is giving me enough curry so I won't be wearing heels out tonight.
I have some girlfriends coming over Monday night so tomorrow will be a massive day of cleaning.
Here is my august breakdown as reported on Ausrun:

Aug Km's: 68 (the lowest ever!)

Year to Date: 780

Injuries: Patella tendonitis, PF, dodgy ankle STILL!

Excuses: Just lacking some oompf recently, had holidays, lost the drive to keep running when it got a bit hard.

Races & events: City2Surf (dismal time of 1:00:58 thanks to a massive stitch and chronic undertraining!)

Upcoming races: Maybe SpringIntoShape- September only

Goals for Sept: Try not to put on any more weight! Stop drinking so much, do my physio exercises at least once daily

Thoughts: I am in caretaker mode at the moment, trying not to get any slower before the Melb HM then I can decide if I should take a month (or two) off running to get rid of these niggling injuries.