Thursday, September 27, 2007

2 laps of Tan

This morning Bella and I got up at the usual hour despite being on afternoon shift- I walked Bella around the park and then drove to the Tan for a run. I was a bit worried because I was just taping my knee like always and I was conscious that if it didn't go to plan and I had pain and or the tape came off my knee then I was heading for a massive lying-on-the-ground-kicking-and screaming-like-a-toddler-in-the confectionery-aisle type tanty. And that is what it would have felt like- I am here, surrounded by everything that is goood, that I know that I love and I am being denied. However......it all went very very well- no knee pain or any other pain and I could easily maintain a 6.30min/k pace for my two laps. My confidence has been restored (sort of).
I won't have time for the shock wave treatment because I can't get an appointment until Tuesday so it is going to be me, the tape and a whole lot of crossing fingers Sunday week. I am icing my knee now and I will continue to ice it.
Now I am starting to plan both my time off and my recovery! I am really planning on doing a lot of spin classes and a lot of swimming- until the gym membership ends then I am not sure what the plan is.
I spent a lot of time last night with my sister trying to teach Bella to jump through my arms or weave her way through my legs- she acts like she is too cool for circus tricks but I have seen her flat out trying to catch her tail so I know she isn't. (if I go to NT there will be a lot of separation anxiety going on!)
JoJo I am only taping my knee to walk so that there is no pressure on my patella tendon at all during the day as well- it doesn't hurt too much while I am just walking around.