Sunday, August 26, 2007

Still Moody, forecast is for sullen

The party was as lame as I expected but worse because when I wanted to go home at 10.30 after the worlds worst speech I was convinced to hang around until the end, even though I was the worst company in the world, so I didn't get to bed until after midnight (though I did drive so I am feeling fresh as a daisy- a very very tired daisy). I didn't actually put the tiara one once- apparently I am not as much of a princess as I thought.
I set the alarm and got up and walked Bella before my run- then I realised that I could never do my long run and make it to Pilates in time. My knee was still a bit twingey so it didn't take much to convince me to do my run at the gym and save my knee some grief. I taped my knee and foot, but I am not sure how the knee taping goes because it is hard to re-create what the physio did so easily.
I ran about 10km - the last 3km I did at 5k pace just because I could. Unfortunately I hit the emergency stop button on the treadmill mid stride and lost the first run so then I started again. I was a sweaty monster by the time I had finished my run- still angry about the stupid party last night too.
I got changed and went to Pilates where I breathed some anger away finally.
I have another social engagement I am not that keen on this afternoon- a work "family" BBQ- which is great if you are a massive breeder and have kids and like eating BBQ meat. Then I have to explain that I am not married, have no kids, no prospect of being married and having a million kids either. There is one other girl in my office so I hate these functions because I have nothing in common with the wives but everyone expects you to stand there and discuss toilet training with people you don't know.
Maybe time for me to find some happy pills- it is going to be a glorious 21 degrees and the guys I work with are a lot of fun.

Edit:
The BBQ was actually a lot of fun- I didn't have to talk about toilet training and the wives were all very lovely. We played a huge game of cricket with all the kids involved and the usual "can't go out first ball" type rules- my one catch was also ruled not out because I spilled my beer as I took it! Came home in a much better mood (and not due to the beer either!)