I got to Sydney yesterday and have shopped up a storm in the same shops that I would find in Melbourne but somehow it feels different. Rebel sport is closing down so I bought some skins Powersox that were 20% off- then I got back to where I am staying (very flash but no pool and I nearly cried when I found that out) I decided that I would take them back- I really don't need powersox and I was just in the moment of handing out my credit card to anyone who would take it! I bought the small ones and I think I have socks that are tighter.
I iced my ankle and knee last night because they were definitely sore after traipsing around all day in my boots.
I am doing more traipsing today but in more sensible footwear. It is so lovely and warm today- I am in shorts and a t-shirt.
Harry went home yesterday- but we did make it to Healesville Sanctuary which was fantastic- Harry and I got to touch snakes and lizards much to the horror of all his other Morse relatives who are screaming girly phobics when it comes to snakes- they can't even look at the photos. They have a great Bird of Prey show too where the birds fly around a little arena and nearly take your head off when they land- photos will be posted soon!
Then we went to Bombers training and Harry had some lessons in how to be pushy- he managed to get a few signatures in his autograph book- Matthew Lloyd and Adam McPhee hung around at the end madly signing for a huge crowd. Harry really is too small and kept finding himself at the back getting ignored so some kind girls helped push him right to the front. The most embarassing thing was having to constantly ask all the Bomber tragics "who was that?" so we knew who Harry had just pestered into an autograph. There were some strange football women there - giving the players presents and telling them "You're my favourite player, I bought you this jumper back from Greece" etc- not normal and I hope that David Hill has good security at his home address because that one in particular seemed a little off balance!
