Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Two laps of Tan with Bella

Bella and I did two laps of the Tan this morning- both laps were pretty slow but we picked up a bit in the second. My ankle took a while to warm up and hurt a bit at the start, but it is my knee that is really hurting me right now. It is probably linked to my ankle and my new running style because my foot doesn't strike the ground properly- but it hurts a lot and is gradually getting worse.

I know that they said that they were widening the Tan track near the Shrine but it is pretty skinny considering the amount of traffic it gets- it was busier than Bourke Street mall in the week before Christmas this morning and it definitely needs another metre either side. I do like the surface though.

I am getting a bit nervous about the City2Surf now- I have just realised that it is like the Run4Kids but I haven't really taken it seriously in my lead up- I guess that is because I imagine I won't be able to run properly because of all the people. (that is my excuse ready and waiting!)




July Km's: 122.5

Year to Date: 711

Injuries: Ankle and some strange knee pain recently

Excuses: Nil

Races & events: Sri Chinmoy 10km (new PB!)

Upcoming races: City 2 Surf in Sydney

Goals for Aug: Sort out this knee pain, more tempo work

Thoughts: I am a bit worried that I have found the limit for my body in terms of how many kms I can handle in a month before breaking down. My ankle is not getting better and my PF doesn't seem to be going away- it usually seems manageable but recently it has been really painful. I am thinking about having a month off after Melbourne (Half) Marathon and trying some of that pool running I hear so much about!