...I think it was Muhammad Ali who said that- but it is quite appropriate because everyone gets a bit freaked out by my Melb (Half) Marathon countdown.
For some strange reason I feel sea sick today- I am all giddy and having trouble walking in a straight line and standing without holding onto something- I was nearly sick trying to get dressed, and I didn't drink THAT much for breakfast. Seriously it is a bit strange and I wouldn't have come to work but we have a big meeting today about our pay rise so I wanted to come along and chant with everyone else.
It was pouring when I got up so Bella got a bit of a walk along the cool part of Chapel Street- that is the Windsor side, where you won't find any of the shops that also exist at Chadstone. That way I get to walk her, look at shops and not get wet. Bella got chased out of several bakeries- but even when she is being pursued by an angry baker she thinks they are playing. I was dressed and ready to run, foot taped up and tights on, but I felt like I was running on a ship in a storm so I stopped and took Bella for a walk because the rain had stopped so we could go to the park.
The pilates pain is still there- coughing etc is so painful. I haven't been practising the splits because IT HURTS TO WALK!
Here are some other Muhammad Ali quotes:
I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
Floats like a butterfly, sting like a bee, his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see.
I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick.
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and got into bed before the room was dark.
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
Superman don't need no seatbelt.
When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace.
I'm the best. I just haven't played yet. (On playing golf)
Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up.
Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside
them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
Only the nose knows where the nose goes when the doors close.
I never thought of losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.
