Hill run
Oh man it was windy this morning- dead set blowing a gale so I thought I would run close to home and get some hills in. So I ran up and down Orrong Road for about 5km- it is nice and hilly near the Yarra and I had to keep moving in case I blew away or froze to the spot! I was a bit worried about doing hills because the physio has scared me by saying they will cause ITB problems -especially when running downhill so I took it easy.
Racing at Kilmore
Then it was home for a shower and off to Kilmore with my sister - we are part owners of a race horse and he was having his first ever race! I was very excited for him because I remember my first race, the nerves, the atmosphere...none of these were present in the pouring rain at Kilmore, they were all replaced by the freezing cold and a lot of poorly dressed people smoking away (probably trying to keep warm). He jumped out well and was leading early on but then got a bit overwhelmed by the other horses and was swamped at the end- though I felt sorry for him because the finish line is up hill and I know that would really make me unhappy too.
I wanted to give him a little cuddle afterwards but he was still very cranky (like he knew he could have done better) so I kept my distance.
Recovery from Sunday
For some strange reason my arms were the thing that hurt most after my run on Sunday (apart from the usual PF pain) and I can only attribute this to KNITTING! I can't think of anything else that I have done differently apart from my newfound love of knitting. I am onto my second scarf after deciding half way through my last scarf that it was too wide and needed to be re-knitted. My legs etc have been fine and though my PF was giving me grief it has settled down now.
