Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Intervals in the park

I took Bella to the park and after a warm up lap we did our intervals- the plan was 4 laps as quickly as I could but I had to keep an eye on Bella in case she needed cleaning up after, or in case she decided that people walking along having a peaceful morning walk also needed to be jumped all over.
So the splits are:
warm up- 6 mins
1st interval- 6 min/km and 0.55km (that is when I noticed the gentle rise really felt like a hill)
recovery 200m walk- I was knackered
2nd interval- 5.40 min/km and 0.51km
recovery- 200m walk
3rd interval- 5.40 min.km and0.55km
recovery-200m walk
4th interval- 5.41 min/km and 0.5km
recovery 330 m walk
short jog - 2.6km
warm down walk

About 6.4km not counting the walk home and it felt really hard- I was sweating so much because it is quite mild. I did some good stretches and I have to say that I am really not sore after Puffing Billy- I think I tried my guts out but why don't my muscles hurt?? I have been wearing my skins to bed and then taking them off when it gets too hot in the night- maybe they are the wonder pant that everyone says?
I feel quite good- not sure about the Sri Chinmoy HM on the 27th yet but I will keep an eye on the weather for that one.