Thursday, May 24, 2007

I am home!

I got home from Perth last night and I am a bit tired this morning but managed to make it to my physio appointment for my neck and back. I am still really sore and stiff in the neck from my small accident at the park a few weeks ago- a week away from the computer has made me a bit better but I will wait and see how I go on Sunday when I do the Sri Chinmoy HM in Williamstown.

Running
I had three runs while I was away- an 8km along the beach road in Scarborough which was okay but not that picturesque because of all the traffic and the lovely fumes I got to breathe in- it was just a nice gentle run, starting slow and building up to a normal 6.20 min/k pace. I cooled down then had to take Daisy and Harry for a run as well - they are so cute and stopped to stretch with me too!
I ran on Sunday morning along the Murray River in Yunderup which is south of Perth- a 10km run around the streets, some of it with my nephew Harry on his new bike (we raced for one section and I was flying along at 4.30 min/km before I had to admit defeat and let him beat me). I then ran along a little sandy path that runs alongside the creek and home again.
I had a final little jog on Wednesday morning- just a slow 5km before taking Harry and Daisy for a short run as well.
I didn't see that many people running- but every person I did see said hello!

Perth
I don't normally spend that long in Perth but the original plan was to do the Bunbury HM so I thought I would need time to prepare and recover. Instead I just spent a lot of time with my brother and his family- Harry is nearly 5 and he is adorable and so lovely and sensitive, he gives me kisses and asks lots of questions like "who makes sheep?" Daisy is nearly four and she is a little monster- toilet training is a drama and she throws constant tantrums when she doesnt get what she wants- so we had a lot of stand offs because I refuse to give in to her- she locked Harry and I outside while her mum was out shopping and then she couldn't get her out until her Mum came back. I was happy enough reading in the sun!
We went to Yunderup and spent a day out on the boat fishing and crabbing (with no luck) then motored over to a friends holiday house for a BBQ- such a lovely way to spend the day.
It was good to catch up with my brother (and beat him at Trivial Pursuit) and spend some time with the little monsters.

I got to meet Celeste finally and we went out for Japanese - such fantastic food cooked so well and we got to chat about running and work without having to provide much background because we knew a lot about each other all ready. I hope I didn't talk about nasty toddlers too much!

I got up this morning and have read everyone's blogs (160 entries!) and found 51 topics I had to read on Ausrun! I also found time to buy four new dining chairs and walk Bella- she has been bugging me all day, trying to get me to make up for the 12 walks she missed out on while I was away after she was only walked TWICE in the last week- hence the Japanese maples are missing branches and the lawn looks horrendous.