I had a pretty disappointing February- didn't really run as far as I wanted to- so I have kicked of March with a 15km run this morning. I am on arvo shift again so I got up at 5 as usual and walked Bella before driving to the Tan. I did two laps then ran along the Yarra to Macrobertson Bridge then crossed over to the Richmond side and ran back. My foot pod decided not to play for a little while and then joined back in- but it was pretty close to one of the signs saying how far it was to Punt Road so I was able to work out the distance- I will check it with www.mapmyrun.com .
I have adjusted my heart rate maximum to 211- which is just one beat above my last previous highest reading- it was about 15 bpm too low I think. So today I averaged 76% and my maximum was 87%- far more normal readings. My maximum pace was 4.21- I think that was when I did a "vanity fartlek" at the end because there were people watching.
There were so many cyclists on their way to work and they look fantastic- the flashy coloured lycra clad bodies of those on racers who just whiz past you almost too close, the more mundane street wear worn by those on mountain bikes and then the lycra clad older ladies on more sturdy bikes who ring their bell as they go past.
The plan is to do some weights today at the gym, spin tomorrow then Run4Kids training on Saturday.
My new Polar watch has a function where it can display number of days until an event- so now I have a countdown on my watch telling me how long to Run4Kids- 31 days and counting. Every time I look at my watch I am reminded- it reminds me of a book I had to read at school and there is a phrase that I love "At my back I always hear, Times winged chariot hurrying near"- might have to google and see where it is from- unless someone can help me out?
