Monday, March 19, 2007

No Laksa, No Pad Thai

When I decided to run this morning I forgot to take into account my sore neck- not a running injury, more like a sleeping too long at a funny angle then waking with a start and giving my neck a big ole jerk when I woke up - it really bothered me all day- especially on the bike because I couldn't turn to look behind me, I would physically have to turn my whole body around and that is a recipe for disaster.
So when I woke up this morning, my neck was still very stiff and sore so I went back to sleep until BF got up and made so much noise it was like he had a brass band playing. Eventually I got some more sleep and Bella waited patiently until 8 to go to the park.
Then I went to spin class- the instructor was really good and I got a great cardio work out. I rode home, had to get off my bike to cross the road again because I couldn't look behind me. And I have been doing all the tidying, cleaning and vaccuuming that escaped the weekend.

My weight loss is now solid weight gain- so I have decided that my grandiose plans of not eating chips or bread for a week are just not working so I am going to have to make everyday the Monday that the diet starts. So today my resolution is not to have a fatty laksa or enormous pad thai tonight while I am on afternoon shift. The boys all like to head out and get something cheap and enormous and I am just going to say no, and get a clear wonton soup for dinner. Wish me luck because I can usually start pining for a serve of pad thai that is too high to jump over at about 5pm. I have some "fried" rice to take to work as well so I should be able to avoid those fantastic muffins from the canteen also- I must learn to ignore them.

Deege- I am inventing new names for muscles -the IT Post is (in sara's world) the muscle that runs up the inside of your calf- I can't remember what the physio called it so I had a stab- I am sure proper medical types would tell me I am very very wrong- but I am fairly confident they don't read my blog.