Monday, March 12, 2007

20 days until R4Kids

I did go to pump last night and I am just starting to feel it in my legs- oh it is going to hurt! I realised that because it is a public holiday today the gym doesn't run its usual classes and that means no cycle class to get these wooden legs moving. So I am back to pump tomorrow morning and by then I will really be hurting. Normally I don't really load up the bar because I don't want sore legs for my run the next day, but because I am not running again until the physio looks at my ankle I am going to load that bar up until it hurts! (not really- I am such a wuss) I might head to the gym this afternoon after work and make up my own spin class. When I said spin wasn't really exercise, I should have added that this is a new thing- now that I think I am a runner I don't even rate swimming as exercise because I don't get the tired, good hurt, exhaustion feeling that running gives me. I sweat buckets in spin class but I don't go home with legs that feel like they couldn't take one more step like running sometimes does for me.
My ankle still hurts to walk on- and last night it was hurting while I was trying to sleep so I hit the nurofen again. That probably sounds bad, but it has been like that for a year, just a bit more chronic now.
I put some tape on the carpet so I can monitor my calf stretches- so far my right calf is still 6cm shorter than my left so I have left the tape there so I remember to do the stretches.

Enough posting about not running- two more sleeps until I can see the physio.