Wednesday, March 21, 2007

11 Sleeps Till Run4Kids!

I ran last night- it is such a rare occurrence for me to convince myself that I have run out of excuses and I have no choice but to run, in the afternoon, with normal people, not early morning freaks, in daylight!
I went to the tan with Bella- I was going to do 8km if my ankle let me but the good news is my ankle was fine but Bella was a pain, she just isn't fit enough to keep up so I only did 6.5km and the pace was terrible. It was still very humid so I sweated buckets despite the continual stops while Bella pretended she was going to pee then just had a sneaky rest. I made it back to the car, stretched and went home. I considered running a few more km in the streets around home but I thought I should just quit while I was ahead. No ill effects with the ankle this morning- I had it in the icy bucket on and off all night and I am pretty happy with it. I taped it as best as I could like the physio said to, but I was so sweaty that it started to peel off. I also taped my foot to make my heel a bit fleshier and more padded to land on.
This morning I did spin after I took Bella for a walk- the class was really good. I made sure I got my heart rate up quickly into the new target zone and then kept it up even during the recovery periods. We did intervals and it was a great workout- hill intervals and sprint intervals- just the sort of thing I should be doing while I run!
No muffins yesterday and I am going to try for no muffins all week! I will also try tonight to cook something healthy instead of something easy.
I AM GOING TO WEIGHT WATCHERS TOMORROW NIGHT- I really have to get rid of this extra "condition" before Bunbury.