Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Preparing for zoo run by eating too much

I didn't run this morning - slept in until 6am then walked Bella. I was home alone so Bella slept beside the bed until 5am when she barked at me and then got sent outside for her efforts in getting me to the park.
Last night I started the anti-inflams again and iced my knee and the result is that a very thorough fitness test has cleared me to run in the Sunset Series Zoo Run tonight. Okay the fitness test was just a short jog at the park. Anyway, here is hoping that it holds up otherwise I will be seeing the physio about it quick smart. The ankle is still the same, bruising is going down but a bit of swelling remains.
Thanks for all your stories about similar floodings- I didn't feel so bad then. And yes, the person responsible was spoken to loudly at the time and yes it was pointed out to me that I should have checked everything that he had done.
I am looking forward to the run tonight- as well as meeting other ausrunners. I have no idea about times etc. I have used it as an excuse to eat some crap food (first chicken parma in ages last night and oh it was good!) and beer, and bread for breakfast this morning (just bread, not beer and bread) Normally I run on an empty stomach so this will be a little different.