I did the Sunset Series Zoo Run last night which was a bit of fun- I did the 8km option and was hoping for 6min km but it didn't pan out that way but only by 17 seconds! I parked a mile away because I thought it would be really packed but there was heaps of parking. Then I finally joined an enormous queue for my race number which I soon realised didn't have a timing chip in it. I met up with Deege and she introduced me to a lot of people I have only been reading about.
I made the foolish mistake of sparking up a conversation with a woman in non running attire who was making her way through the jam packed starting area- while Deege looked on in amusement I copped the aroma of someone who had spent the last week in the pub. I thought I was being cheeky in suggesting that she had forgotten her race number and she then wouldn't leave and kept assaulting my nose with her aroma and engaged me in a conversation that I couldn't understand and kept putting her arm around me.
Anyway we finally started running and it was down hill which is my favourite sort of hill- that obviously gave way to the uphill so I realised again I had no idea of what I was in for. I saw Lee on the up hill in her Skins powering away. We then ran into the zoo and through the rainforest section- it was really quite fun weaving our way through the trails. Then along the path and out the entrance for a trip around some nearby parkland then back to the start to do it all again.
I used up way to much energy on the second hill then felt like I was dying in the zoo again- I stopped to take some photos quickly then continued on. I realised I would really have to push it if I wanted to go under 48 minutes so I was sprinting in my mind but not in reality! I made it to the finish line in 48:17.
I started to queue for a vegie burger and show bag but I really couldn't be bothered. I caught up with a few ausrunners then hurried home.
I was a bit worried that Bella would have destroyed my lawn while I was out because she wasn't happy when I left, but she was fine. I scoffed some pasta then climbed into bed.
My splits:
6.11
6.27
6.01
6.28
5.21
6.32
5.43
5.30
I made the foolish mistake of sparking up a conversation with a woman in non running attire who was making her way through the jam packed starting area- while Deege looked on in amusement I copped the aroma of someone who had spent the last week in the pub. I thought I was being cheeky in suggesting that she had forgotten her race number and she then wouldn't leave and kept assaulting my nose with her aroma and engaged me in a conversation that I couldn't understand and kept putting her arm around me.
Anyway we finally started running and it was down hill which is my favourite sort of hill- that obviously gave way to the uphill so I realised again I had no idea of what I was in for. I saw Lee on the up hill in her Skins powering away. We then ran into the zoo and through the rainforest section- it was really quite fun weaving our way through the trails. Then along the path and out the entrance for a trip around some nearby parkland then back to the start to do it all again.
I used up way to much energy on the second hill then felt like I was dying in the zoo again- I stopped to take some photos quickly then continued on. I realised I would really have to push it if I wanted to go under 48 minutes so I was sprinting in my mind but not in reality! I made it to the finish line in 48:17.
I started to queue for a vegie burger and show bag but I really couldn't be bothered. I caught up with a few ausrunners then hurried home.
I was a bit worried that Bella would have destroyed my lawn while I was out because she wasn't happy when I left, but she was fine. I scoffed some pasta then climbed into bed.
My splits:
6.11
6.27
6.01
6.28
5.21
6.32
5.43
5.30
