No run today, might stroll to work later - am on at 3pm, but feeling a little scratchy this morning despite not actually drinking that much, it must be a food hangover. Shane and Leslie came over with so much good food that we all sat there stuffed by midnight. We could barely shout Woo Hoo and wave a few pathetic sparklers over our heads because we had eaten too much. But we did manage a little woo hoo and wave the sparklers before collapsing into bed shortly after those in Adelaide would have been shouting woo hoo! Leslie made bagels- and her fantastic smoked salmon dip, and sushi- add that to a lot of yummy cheese and bbq chicken wings and it is now time to begin the starvation again.
Man, we are old now- though having said that I am sure that my parents stayed up dancing to the Beatles until those in Perth had shouted Woo Hoo.
So, time to get back into healthy eating, no more drinking during the week for no particular reason, wonton soup instead of pad thai on afternoon shift at work and back to the exercise routine I loved so much before Christmas.
I am hoping to run in an organised fun run every month- here are the certainties:
April 1st - Run For The Kids
May 20th - Bunbury Half Marathon
August 12th- Sydney City To Surf
October 7th- Melbourne Half Marathon
Will have to search the net for other good runs. (good = easy and not to expensive!)
I ran 1058 kilometres last year- surely I can make it up to 2000 this year!!!! (maybe 1500)
