Tuesday, January 23, 2007

2 x Lake (9.5, 83.5, 83.5)

I had a lovely sleep in this morning- during the night I decided there was no need to get up at stupid o'clock when I don't have to be at work until 3. So I got up when BF got up to go to work (still it was 0630) and took Bella to the park.

Then I drove to the Lake, realised I didn't have any money for parking (damn that greedy Port Phillip Council) so I had to drive back up High Street till Iand found a spot I could park for free. Walked a kilometre back to the lake and started running.

I have realised that I am lazy- I run too slow even though I can go faster just because my comfortable pace is 6.30 m/k. So I am trying to make 6.0 m/k my comfortable pace. I was timing my k's and I was pretty close to 6 m/k for the first lap- though when I zone out, my pace blew out too- must remember to concentrate.

The second lap was different because I got this silly pain in my right knee. I walked a little bit and then it gradually went away when I started running again. I still think it is from when I twisted it a bit in the stairs last Thursday. I resumed my pace and kept going at about 6m/k

So I have been icing both ankle and knee after running this morning, my ankle is sore in the back, front, inside and outside. I also managed not to have evil toast for breakfast after my run- muesli and yoghurt again.

So my main issues at this stage of running are:
- ankle pain
- ridiculously high pulse rate (sure it drops like a stone after I stop but while I run it is out of control)
- lack of concentration to keep my pace going
- unsure of whether to wear a hat, no hat or a visor (man my head gets hot with a cap, but I want some sort of shade!)