
Driving to the farm
I slept in this morning after driving to the farm last night with my sister- the trip took a little longer than expected because Prue and I were coming in separate cars until she rang and said she might take a bit longer because she was at the pub. So I said I would drive her (even though it meant I couldn't take my bike) so I had to pack my car, drive to her place and move all my things into her car then leave. Prue's present wouldn't fit in her car (enormous glazed pot -dwarf lemon tree is already at the farm) so I had to hide it in her flat.
We had just about made it to Deer Park when Prue realised that she had left a bag of presents at home so we turned around and drove back- only adding an hour to our trip- I didn't even get angry. We rang Mum and said we were nearly at the Westgate- but heading towards the city and I am sure Mum thinks that Prue and I will never grow up.
It was finally starting to rain when we stopped in Ballarat and soon it was pouring. Sadly we got to the farm (near Dunkeld) and it was still very dry. It is going to be 15 on Christmas Day- hard to believe that when it was 35 yesterday.
Long Run
This morning I got up, took Bella for a quick walk then put on my ipod, grabbed my camera and went off down the road for a run, thanks to mapmyrun I had set a course- I ran to Manns Road and back which should have been 14km. As I got to Manns Road I decided to try for a negative split so I turned around and headed up the hill into the wind. I hadn't realised how strong the wind was so it was a lot harder than I thought but with a massive effort up the last hill to home I made it. I was really happy with my effort. Averaged 162 bpm, 6.25 m/km.
I dusted off Dad's weight bench and pumped some iron (?). Dad said he had used the bench six days ago but I spoke to the spiders that had moved in and they have been there for a while.
Bella is very happy on the farm- she has been in the trough already and has been hanging out with the working dogs, chasing the cat, chasing rabbits, being scratched by the cat and eating goodness knows what!
I slept in this morning after driving to the farm last night with my sister- the trip took a little longer than expected because Prue and I were coming in separate cars until she rang and said she might take a bit longer because she was at the pub. So I said I would drive her (even though it meant I couldn't take my bike) so I had to pack my car, drive to her place and move all my things into her car then leave. Prue's present wouldn't fit in her car (enormous glazed pot -dwarf lemon tree is already at the farm) so I had to hide it in her flat.
We had just about made it to Deer Park when Prue realised that she had left a bag of presents at home so we turned around and drove back- only adding an hour to our trip- I didn't even get angry. We rang Mum and said we were nearly at the Westgate- but heading towards the city and I am sure Mum thinks that Prue and I will never grow up.
It was finally starting to rain when we stopped in Ballarat and soon it was pouring. Sadly we got to the farm (near Dunkeld) and it was still very dry. It is going to be 15 on Christmas Day- hard to believe that when it was 35 yesterday.
Long Run
This morning I got up, took Bella for a quick walk then put on my ipod, grabbed my camera and went off down the road for a run, thanks to mapmyrun I had set a course- I ran to Manns Road and back which should have been 14km. As I got to Manns Road I decided to try for a negative split so I turned around and headed up the hill into the wind. I hadn't realised how strong the wind was so it was a lot harder than I thought but with a massive effort up the last hill to home I made it. I was really happy with my effort. Averaged 162 bpm, 6.25 m/km.
I dusted off Dad's weight bench and pumped some iron (?). Dad said he had used the bench six days ago but I spoke to the spiders that had moved in and they have been there for a while.
Bella is very happy on the farm- she has been in the trough already and has been hanging out with the working dogs, chasing the cat, chasing rabbits, being scratched by the cat and eating goodness knows what!
