Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Still Mediocre- But Getting Better

I rode into work this morning then headed to the Tan for the 8.8km trip that includes my flat out timed lap- last week I think I did it in 24:15 mins- this morning I was making excuses for myself before I had even started- I was thinking I rode in so my legs aren't as fresh as last week, I didn't get much sleep because we worked arvo shift yesterday etc- but I decided to give it a crack anyway. I took off 1:50 from my last weeks time! That means I have gone into the whole new world of running UNDER SIX MINUTE KMS!(though only for that section, I averaged 6:20 m/k for the whole trip because I was pretty knackered for the rest of the run.
I was so excited when I was heading towards the finish post (like Tawqeet, struggling to get a clear run) and I checked my watch and realised I had done a lot better than last week. Some how I think it may take a lot longer to get another 1:50 mins off my time, but this morning I am happy with myself.