Thursday, September 07, 2006

One Year Older

I had a very disjointed morning today- a short jog around the park with Bella, then with Arnie, Lucy and Leslie before riding my bike to work then running around the tan and back to work, showered and at my desk at 7. I have to weigh in today so I didn't want to miss my run even though IT IS MY BIRTHDAY! My legs were fairly heavy around the Tan this morning but I don't know if that is because of the half marathon or the weights I did at the gym yesterday, anyway I managed to push myself and sped up for the last 1.5km. I don't know how far I ran but it can't have been more than 4km, but with my jog with Bella and then the bike ride, I still burnt 705 calories, averaging 135bpm. I should lose some grams this week for sure.

I have pulled up okay from the half marathon- my hip and ankle aren't sore, but the real test will be this weekend when I try to do my short long run- maybe about 15km. Now that I know I can run faster for a longer period of time (and I don't really need three toilet stops) I am hoping to see that time per km start to fall. On Monday I was very sore and I didn't sleep well because every time I turned over in my sleep, something hurt and then I woke up. I really felt the effect when I was crossing the road to get lunch and suddenly had to run because the cars were coming toward me and the best I could manage was an old lady hobble for safety. Next time I will cross at the lights.