Friday, January 04, 2008

Sports Doctor is harsh but fair

The Doctor said that the Run4Kids is not an option- even the short course. She put MORE cortisone in my ankle- the front and back this time after digging her fingers into the back of my ankle and making me "Ohmigodthatreallyreallyhurts".
She is happy with my progress- but I seem to think I am getting worse. She said that I shouldn't do any weight bearing physio exercises for a week or so and to take some anti inflamms (I have to buy a years supply of quickeze I think) so that the knee settles.
The plan is to go back in two weeks and if she is happy then I will start a walking/running plan - did you see that: a walking/RUNNING plan. It will most likely be a month before that starts though- two weeks is the best case scenario and I am not happy with the amount of ankle pain I have had in the last two weeks- it feels like I am back where I started.
My ankle bloody hurts right now though I can tell you that much.

So hot again today- I am no good in the heat, definitely happier in the pouring rain than the glorious sunshine.