Sunday, November 04, 2007

Torrential downpour

Man it was bucketing down this morning- so hard that I managed to convince myself not to go to Pilates because it was raining too hard.
I don't go to Pilates class outside.
I am unlikely to be swept away in a freak flood regardless of how much it rained.
I am not the wicked witch from the west (?) and don't melt in water.
But the rain was a good enough excuse at the time and I snuggled back under the doona for a while longer. Truth is I was exhausted after standing up all day at the races- I was helping out a friend who is a bookmaker so it was a learning experience as well- my hands shook for the first few races and I was shouted at a little bit (but never for the same thing). I still woke up at 5am this morning but I managed to doze a bit and still avoided pilates at 9.30.
So to make up for it I dragged my butt off to the gym this afternoon after I had caught up on all the papers (nearly) and did a 10/20 interval thing on the bike before I did all the upper body machines. I am working up to do 8secs hard/12 secs recovery because I find with the bike it takes a second or so before I am working hard enough.
I am working at Melb Cup and Oaks Day as well then going on Stakes Day for a social wander around - though I am a bit concerned I may be very over the races by then. The following weekend is Dunkeld Races- a fantastic picnic meet in my home town.