Saturday, August 18, 2007

Run tomorrow, maybe

I haven't run since last Sunday so tomorrow I am going to head out and see how a short little 10km goes for my knee and ankle. I have booked in for a physio appointment on Monday because I am full of aches and pains - including my back and shoulders.

This morning Prue and I went and volunteered our time helping prepare for the Bone Marrow Institute Red Ball at Docklands- we were helping set up a massive ball room for tonight when they are having a huge dinner with Hugh Jackman, singing and dancing girls and silent auction etc. It was chaos- no-one in charge so everyone was just doing their own thing with massive hissy fits being thrown about the table settings etc. I spent over an hour walking up and down a flight of stairs carrying gift bags- 4 in each hand- up and down, until I was sweatier than when I ran the City2Surf, I got such a work out, imagine an hour on the stair climber. To make things interesting I had to dodge two builders who were finishing the handrails off on the stairs who had to make special comments everytime I walked past. The other volunteers were so supportive of my efforts because they didn't want to swap jobs with me.
Three hours of volunteering was enough and we had to head home- next year we decided that we would just go to the ball and give them our money! The rehearsals we saw were fantastic- live snakes (I got to pat another one!) and crocodiles.
My buns are going to be very sore tomorrow.

I have unpacked my bags finally- and I have so much to do around the house tomorrow.