Tuesday, August 28, 2007

10km

10 km this morning (and you really don't need to know how long it took)- the first 3km was around the park with Bella- (then we had to have a brief walk with the dog that knocked me over a while back and caused yet another massive set back in my training) then the next 7km was along High Street, Chapel Street then along the Yarra and back home. I can't believe how slow I am now- mind you I have always been challenged when it comes to pace- but I would settle into a pace at the start and it would be about 7 min/km- so I had to concentrate on keeping the pace up a bit more. When I settled a bit it was closer to 6.30min/km but to keep it at 6 min/km was a real battle.
I had to go and have my blood tests- I am only having them as directed by my bossy doctor who signed me up for every free test there is just for the sake of it- I don't feel unwell (other than tired which I assume is normal!) or anything like that. (though the nurse asked me if I was planning on being pregnant and I had to reassure her that I have never been further from motherhood in my life!)
I cannot understand how the doctors surgery can open at 8am, my appointment is at 8.15 a.m but it is still 9am before someone sticks a needle in my arm- how can they be 45 minutes late only 15 minutes after opening?
I did get some exciting news that my friend in Mackay had a little boy Luka early this morning and they are both well.