I ran around the Tan with Bella this morning and it was as slow as usual- the proof of this is in the heart rate- which averaged 68% even though the max was 95% so it looks like I wasn't trying at all. I did two laps and then a quick run up to the bridge and back so it was 8.5km all up.
I run out of time in the mornings so last night I taped my foot up so that I could save myself 10 minutes in the morning and I put all my running clothes out and accessories in one spot so that I could be in the car as quickly as possible. I got to the Tan at 5.20 this morning so there was plenty of time for at least two laps.
My calf muscle had a few niggles this morning but nothing like the pain of the past few days so I was happy to keep running.
When the Tan track runs parallel to Domain Road I normally cross over the road and let Bella have a run through the grassy reserve there (with her little light on so I can see where she is) so she gets to bolt around the place having a great time while I run ahead and try to scare all the possums into trees before she sees them. This morning as we approached the Domain, a fox ran from the Bot Gardens into the Domain and Bella went berserk! She was growling and snarling and straining at the leash so I didn't let her off. She has chased a fox before- but it was when she was a lot younger and less likely to catch it. I was worried that she would be off after it and chase the fox over a road and one of them would be hit by a car.
Bella was on high alert after that and was snarling at witches hats etc where they are widening the Tan path- she looked a bit silly with her hackles up snarling at orange cones.
JoJo I had to laugh when I saw Bloglines too! And superjacent has pointed out that my fridge magnets appear grammatically incorrect- however I have to say that it should be read "too chunky morsey, stop eating" not as "To Chunky Morsey- stop eating".
