The age website didn't magically make me a faster runner- official time is 1:00:21- no surprises apart from the fact that I am still feeling happy for myself. I had a quick peak at last years time which was 1:06:43 so that is why I am feeling positive about my run.
I am home from work today because the painter is here doing the ceiling in the kitchen- I was going to work afternoon shift but then I thought, I have earned myself a rest day so I am planning on reclaiming my kitchen and doing some massive cleaning- already removed the mould from the bathroom ceiling.
I will go for a run later on but I think it might be a treadmill run- it is so damn cold and while I can cope in the dark, cold and daylight does nothing to interest me in running. I avoid the gym now that I can't do pump or spin and because I associate it with the scales!!!!
My ipod is now definitely cactus and I need to get something else to block out the sound of my own breathing while I run- but I am worried that if I get another ipod I will only have the same problem with the battery deciding to give up after three years.
There has been mention made of the Canberra Marathon in April next year which got me thinking can I? My heart says yes, my head says no and my legs still aren't talking to me. I don't know if I am mentally tough enough- need to get faster first anyway- maybe Melbourne next year.
The painter has commandeered my heater to get the paint drying faster which means I am sitting here wearing everything in my cupboard and cuddling up to the dog.
