After careful consideration and much consultation with numerous people more experienced than myself I have decided to lower my expectations of my abilities. I am still going to try to run as fast as the wind on Sunday but I am really just hoping to beat last years time- if I don't break 60 mins then I still might cry myself to sleep but I won't be totally devastated and unable to get out of bed for three days.
The forecast for Sunday is still showers and 14 but I still check it every fifteen minutes to see if there has been a fast moving warm front that is arriving on Sunday- and I have to check the bureau just in case they think it might be one degree warmer...oooh 15 degrees!
I managed a quick little run around Caulfield Park twice yesterday after the plasterer arrived (at 10.30) and BF had managed to get out of bed to supervise the plasterer and make sure he didn't go through my undie drawer while I was out. It was only 4km which I feel a bit silly about because normally if I only had time for a 4 km run then I wouldn't bother- unless I was going to try some speed work. But I did it effortlessly (and so it should be) averaging 6.30min/km with sniffy Bella and stopping to chat to a friend.
The plasterer has finished and now the painter is coming next week.
I walked Bella this morning dressed as though I was about to head up to Falls Creek! Ski jacket, beanie, scarf, gloves- and I was still cold, I might have to get a balaclava and I was wondering if it would be too weird to wear my ski goggles?
There was ice on all the cars and it smelt like cold- I don't mind the cold, but only because I can just put more clothes on, when it gets hot there are only so many things you can take off before someone calls you into the boss' office and has a little talk about dressing appropriately at work.
