Sunday, June 24, 2007

Keep on truckin'

"Highway fever's got a hold on me
And that's the way it'll always be"

My sister and I drove home to the farm on Friday afternoon after I finished work- Prue picked me up with Bella already warming the front seat. We stopped in Ballarat at the "Beechworth Bakery" and Prue bought some custardy Beestings, lemon tarts and chocolate eclairs! We made it home by about 7.30 and I hadn't even had a little nibble on the corner of the eclair because I made chicken rolls for the trip so I wouldn't feel like getting fast food.

Bella
Mum and Dad like Bella but they don't really like dogs inside at all- until now- for some strange reason Mum and Dad let Bella inside and at one point Bella was sitting on Dad's knee trying to sleep on his chest while he watched TV. We had a few drinks with dinner and next thing I was on Mum's treadmill with Bella who loved it- she just stood at the back with her front paws on the treadmill and walked along happily!
I put her kennel in the laundry after Mum and Dad said that she could sleep inside! But when I checked on her she had pulled all of Dad's jumpers off the bench and put them in her kennel to sleep on.
Dad took Bella to do some sheep work in the morning and said that when he told Bella to jump up the back of the ute- she jumped on the bonnet of the ute 5 times. He was not very happy at all.

Running
I went out this morning for a run with Prue's ipod because mine had died again and got to listen to her country music for a change- lots of Dolly and Slim Dusty covers. I don't know why but I ran so much faster and more easily than usual- don't know if it was the mountain air or just fresh legs but I was ablo to keep the speed up without a problem. I ran 8ish km first and averaged 6.40 min/km despite trying to keep it at 7 m/km. I did a loop then tried to finish my run on Mum's treadmill but it is designed more for walking or running gently not pounding away so Bella and I headed back out the road for another 4km.
My average HR was 72% (adjusted recently- 161bpm) and my max was 80% or 181. After maxing out my heart rate monitor several times recently I have adjusted the maximum again.

We drove back this afternoon and Bella slept the whole way exhausted after her weekend of chasing farm dogs and working out on the treadmill! Prue and I took turns at the wheel - one knitting and the other driving!