I went out for a run this morning and I wasn't all that successful- my right calf was screaming at me from the time I got up but I thought it was a bit better after I had walked Bella for a bit so I drove to the lake for my long long run. The plan was four laps at 7 min/km pace- but I didn't even manage one lap because the pain in my calf became so intense that I really struggled to keep going. I walked the last half of my pitiful one lap and stopped several times to stretch it out but the pain was still there at the end so I just limped off the car in a foul mood. I am going to give it a rest and have another crack tomorrow morning- but there would want to be a miraculous recovery.
I am a bit disappointed because I wanted to finish June with a big run, not 2.5km of pain. Oh well, maybe I will start the next financial year with a big run in the bank!
We got back from Sydney yesterday afternoon- though our flight was delayed so we got to kick back in the Qantas lounge because my boss is a member- so much better than sitting at the gate waiting because there was a Krispy Kreme cart right beside the gate and it made reading my book very difficult.
On Thursday we worked until late so thankfully there was no big pub crawl and I got to bed shortly after midnight- though it was a long day. I had a few more swims and trips to the spa- the boys thought I was ridiculous but the facilities are there to be enjoyed and I know they were actually very jealous. They laughed at the size of my suitcase the whole time but at least I packed my bathers- I think it is a competition with the boys, who can bring the most ridiculously small bag so that they can brag about how light they travel.
Bella was so happy to see me- I missed her so much!
