Sekmet- you have convinced me- I will do the Puffing Billy run- though I am nervous about my ankle!
Steve- you should know that the BF does not get out of bed early for anyone, and does not run unless someone has stolen his beer and tried to run away.
I was planning to write my 100 things about me when I had done 100 posts, but I forgot, so here is 102 things about me. (I know everyone went through this phase several months back, but I have always been a bit behind everyone else- unless I am running, then I am a lot behind!)
1. My sister thinks I am the only person who goes shopping in Chapel Street but only goes Rebel Sport.
2. I love horse racing, especially but not just the Spring Racing Carnival
3. I spent four weeks in Italy a few years ago but haven’t really travelled around Europe.
4. I went to Italy because I like the food.
5. I always wanted to be a police woman but my parents made me go to university so I didn’t waste my private school education.
6. I am 32 years old and I can just hear my ticking biological clock starting up.
7. My brother and his wife live in Perth with their kids Harry and Daisy and I travel over there every chance I get.
8. I drove to Perth with a friend last year in a campervan (for $1 a day!)
9. I played the piano for six years when I was at school but I can’t play now.
10.My horse was called Modesty Blaise and I lent her to a friend 12 years ago.
11.I can’t sit on the couch and watch videos or TV, I get restless.
12.I sprained my ankle 18 months ago doing step ups on a park bench.
13.I sprained my ankle at 5am and no-one answered their phones so I practically crawled home.
14.I worked at Target while I was studying at uni.
15.I completed a Bachelor of Science at Melbourne Uni in 1996.
16.I have never put my degree to use.
17.I love chips, hot or cold.
18.My sister had cancer and had a bone marrow transplant and now she is well again.
19.I become anxious when I see water being wasted.
20.My first car was a 84 Nissan Bluebird.
21.I left home to go to uni when I was 18.
22.I returned home for a year when I was 26 and enjoyed living with Mum and Dad.
23.I worked part time for my dad as a yard hand at the sale yards and enjoyed it more than my full time work.
24.I grew up at the foot of the Grampians and love to go bushwalking, mountain bike riding whenever I am home.
25.My parents both love golf but I hate it.
26.I still have the scar on my hand from when I crawled in the fire when I was 1.
27.I have no patience and rudely finish people’s sentences.
28.I shaved my head to raise money for cancer research.
29.I like my hair very short.
30.I love listening to Johnny Cash- especially while I am running.
31.I also love listening to Dolly Parton.
32.I had braces on my teeth from age 17 to 20.
33.I only just had my retainer removed because I was worried my teeth would become crooked again.
34.I have no interest in football
35.I have given blood 27 times- and fainted only twice.
36.I can laugh until I cry watching “Funniest Home Videos”.
37.My cat died and my sisters cancer came back at the same time, my dad didn’t know which one to tell me first.
38.He told me about the cat, then the next day about my sister.
39.25 was my favourite age
40.No-one in the family was a bone marrow match for my sister- but a stranger in London was.
41.I said I would never become cynical, but it has happened.
42.I cannot believe that people listen to Andrew Bolt.
43.I try to be conscious of being manipulated by the media.
44.My hair is quite grey so I dye it dark brown and pretend!
45.I have a pet sheep called Brian (even though it is a girl) that I hand raised.
46.I taught her how to lap milk from a bowl so I didn’t have to bottle feed her in the night.
47.Brian is now 15 years old.
48.I wish I could play the guitar and sing at the same time.
49.I wish I could play the guitar.
50.I wish I could sing.
51.I used to be in love with Han Solo.
52.I wanted to be Princess Leia.
53.I love red wine – but not Pinot
54.I don’t drink spirits often, beer is my preferred beverage.
55.I have very large hands.
56.I wear a lot of black.
57.I turn the shower off while I shampoo my hair.
58.Sometimes I am frightened of the dark.
59.I can never watch Wolf Creek.
60.I never had a dog, only cats, horses and lambs until I got Bella.
61.My boyfriend said I wasn’t allowed to get a dog, but I did.
62.I found Bella on the internet by googling “lab x staffy for sale” and for $80 she was mine.
63.I do not excel at anything.
64.I am 32 years old and a Virgo.
65.I am not particularly Virgoan, but I aspire to be.
66.My mother is my harshest critic as well as being my strongest supporter.
67.I was suspended in Year 10 for drinking and I was innocent.
68.I missed my netball grand final because I was suspended and I cried a lot.
69.Bella partially tore her anterior cruciate ligament when she was a pup.
70.I don’t eat red meat but I love chicken pies.
71.I am obsessed by food, I think about it constantly.
72.I get separation anxiety when I leave Bella.
73.I enjoy taking Bella to the park and meeting strangers with dogs.
74.I love oysters.
75.We had a pet kangaroo (Hoppy) when I was young, and a pet kookaburra (Kookie)
76.I encourage my 4 year old nephew’s sense of the ridiculous.
77.I wish I could eat what I wanted and stay under 70kg.
78.I think I order chicken parmies because I love that they come with chips.
79.I don’t think I should have to eat broccoli now that I am grown up.
80.Or cauliflower or brussel sprouts or squash.
81.I have a mortgage and I feel like I will never go overseas ever again.
82.I always enjoy work.
83.I bought chooks when I lived on the farm with Mum and Dad and named them after my friends Nano, Savanna, Kendra and Vic.
84.When Dad’s dog ate my chooks he bought new ones thinking I wouldn’t notice- I was 26 not 6 years old.
85.My dog isn’t interested in eating Dad’s chooks, but the cat is living on borrowed time!
86.I was happy with my weight when I was 65kg but I just can’t get back there.
87.I get along well with my brother and sister.
88.I can wiggle my ears.
89.And curl my tongue.
90.I have been to Fiji, Italy, France and Thailand.
91.I would love to go to New Zealand and South America.
92.My feet are size 10
93.I wish the rest of me was size 10.
94.I have a problem with water wastage- it makes me very anxious.
95.I blame the ‘82-83 drought for my water problem.
96.I am very forgiving.
97.I don’t know how to say no when people ask for help.
98.My brother, sister and I all appropriate each others memories and each of us think we broke Dad’s Davey Crockett record.
99.I am not frightened of heights, spiders or snakes.
100.I want to do the Kokoda Track before someone makes it a concrete tourist path.
101.I love cheese.
102. I am pretty self obsessed but man this was harder than I thought!
